I had some technical difficulties with this blog recently, but I'm back. I know all 6 of you missed me. Yesterday was a lot of fun. I did some exploring around town with a couple of people I met at the hostel. We wanted to check out the Louvre, but we got there at 4 PM, which is when they stop letting people in. I guess I won't get to see the Mona Lisa. After that we decided to check out the Eiffel Tower cause it was getting dark and I had heard the view from the top is amazing at night. We rode the lift all the way up and even though it was expensive it didn't disappoint. I've never seen anything quite like it except in pictures. On the walk to the tower we had an interesting experience viewing the inauguration of Obama. We were walking down a really busy street that has a lot of restaurants and pubs when we noticed one of the bars had CNN on TV. We remembered that it was inauguration day so we decided to stop in and watch. It turns out it was an Irish pub. Just think about that scenario. We're a group of Americans in Paris, watching an American TV station of our president getting sworn in all while drinking a pint in an Irish pub. It was very strange to say the least. There were actually a few other Americans there too. We all joked that after the inauguration we could now walk to streets of France and be liked. We were only half joking because that is probably true. Either way it was cool to see the inauguration under those circumstances. Well, I have to catch a train to Munich, so I'll write more later!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Inauguration Day
I had some technical difficulties with this blog recently, but I'm back. I know all 6 of you missed me. Yesterday was a lot of fun. I did some exploring around town with a couple of people I met at the hostel. We wanted to check out the Louvre, but we got there at 4 PM, which is when they stop letting people in. I guess I won't get to see the Mona Lisa. After that we decided to check out the Eiffel Tower cause it was getting dark and I had heard the view from the top is amazing at night. We rode the lift all the way up and even though it was expensive it didn't disappoint. I've never seen anything quite like it except in pictures. On the walk to the tower we had an interesting experience viewing the inauguration of Obama. We were walking down a really busy street that has a lot of restaurants and pubs when we noticed one of the bars had CNN on TV. We remembered that it was inauguration day so we decided to stop in and watch. It turns out it was an Irish pub. Just think about that scenario. We're a group of Americans in Paris, watching an American TV station of our president getting sworn in all while drinking a pint in an Irish pub. It was very strange to say the least. There were actually a few other Americans there too. We all joked that after the inauguration we could now walk to streets of France and be liked. We were only half joking because that is probably true. Either way it was cool to see the inauguration under those circumstances. Well, I have to catch a train to Munich, so I'll write more later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Really enjoy your Blog. Sounds as if you are
ReplyDeletehaving a wonderful time, but you be careful!!!
Reminds us of the things we saw during our tour 10 years ago. We did not get to Germany
so will enjoy hearing about it. Keep the news
coming. Grandma and Grandpa.
Hey, I think the number of blog readers is up to at least 10. I love the blog and am glad you decided to tour around Europe, I am not the least bit jealous. Ok I am super jealous but happy that you are getting to see many different parts of the world. Stay safe and I hope to read more soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the French people showed you some love. You can thank Obama for that. LOLOLOL. Keep it real
ReplyDeleteLove,
BPK